5 DAYS WITHOUT SUGAR – HOW TO COOK QUINOA DAY
You will learn how to cook quinoa at the end of the article. Until then, here are my thoughts about day 3:
Who would have thought that it can be so easy to avoid sugar and that there are so many food options out there? I am really having a lot of fun experimenting with so many delicious, processed sugar-free meals and snacks, and I totally recommend you to also try this out, at least for 2-3 days! 😃
Here’s my DAY 3 menu:
- Mixed vegetables soup
- Quinoa salad with tuna, cherry tomatoes, corn and onion
- Mashed potatoes with green olives
- Mixed nuts
- 1 banana
I almost never eat white rice, not even brown rice, because I have replaced it with my delicious quinoa!
HOW TO COOK QUINOA
- rinse it well before cooking, because quinoa has a natural coating of saponins which may taste bitter if not rinsed off
- add the desired amount you want to cook to a pan (❗quinoa will expand in size when cooked, so make sure you don’t add too much❗)
- add double the amount of water
- salt and pepper
- bring it to a boil (takes around 10-15 minutes, you’ll notice that it has expanded)
- let simmer until all the water is absorbed
- fluff with a fork and enjoy!
It is super easy to make, healthy and tasty – I really love it! And you can have it however you like, either in salads or as a side dish.
If you try this recipe or the chocolate oatmeal recipe that I have shown you in DAY 2, make sure to tag me or send me your pics! I’d really love to know what you think, if you liked it or not. 😃
Also, make sure to stay tuned on my Instagram stories, where I will be posting live meal updates! See you there!